The appeal process can be confusing and time-consuming. However, there are times when the court simply makes a mistake and filing an appeal is the only way to right a wrong and seek the just decision that you deserve. If an error was made regarding your divorce decree or other family law court decision, the results could affect every aspect of your life; from your finances to how often you see your children. Appealing a lower court’s decision may take time, money, and effort, but could be the right decision for you.

In family law, common appeals involve:

  • Parenting plan determinations
  • The amount of child support awarded
  • The amount or duration of spousal support (alimony) awarded
  • The division of marital property
  • Guardianship decisions
  • Designation of premarital, gifted, or inherited property

We have the knowledge, experience, and reliability to assist you with every step of your case.

Although most cases are decided based on written briefs alone, some cases are selected for an oral argument before the court. Oral arguments in the Montana Supreme Court are a structured discussion between the parties and the panel of judges focusing on the legal principles in dispute.

The requirements for filing appeals with the Montana Supreme Court are technical and detailed. We can help ensure you meet these requirements.

Contact Our Offices Today (406) 327-0600 to Speak to a Member of Our Team to Find Out How We Can Help You.